What is this type of bug?

Every so often I find these small brown spiders in my room during the night and when you scare them they curl up into a ball. I have a window AC so I’ve always just assumed that’s where they’re getting in at. Anyways I want to know what they are (also because I’m pretty sure one just bit me).

3 Answers

  • 2 years ago

    If they look like spiders with 8 legs they would be some arachnid. Many mites, pseudoscorpons or Opiliones are totally harmless, Baby cobweb spiders are good at curling and playing dead. Although capable of biting, it is not like them to do so unless trapped or mashed against the skin. Insignificant.

    Perhaps if you can catch one in a small deli tray, get a decent photo I may be able to identify your critter.

    Dwarf spiders, AKA money spiders are very small, not known to bite.

    Source(s): Amateur arachnologist.
  • 2 years ago

    There are thousands of species of spiders. The brown recuse spider is common inside houses and has necrotizing venom - the venom causes tissue death and non healing ulcers. Capture one and go to the ER.

  • 2 years ago

    If you are not sure what they are or if they are poisonous or not, you should probably see a doctor and then possibly ask a specialist

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.