HP power pavilion giving low fps?

I have I5 7300HQ and nvidia GTX 1050 and 8 gb ram

Intel graphics HD 630, I thought I would be able to run my games fine but turns out i cant, I only play CSGO and Dota 2 and I only get fine fps when I connect my charger how do I know that im using my nvidia and not my intel when I connect my charger and is there any Alternative way to get good fps without connecting the charger, I have changed the power settings aswell and nothing worked

Always have the charger connected if gaming. When I have mine unplugged, it maxes the fps at 30. Make sure your drivers are up to date. Check the support site fro a new bios/firmware driver.

• Adrian

Laptop....power settings often dictate which video card is used when on AC or on battery. Check your power schemes, and see if you can force the high end video to be used when on battery. After that, check the video utility that comes with the machine to set the high end video as well, when on battery. In some cases, one may override the other.

There may also be some setting in the BIOS, check that as well.

To be honest, running the 1050 while on battery will give a short run time, it is a heavy power load....