Will Yahoo Answers ever automatically delete a question after a certain period of time?

I know that I can't delete a question on Yahoo Answers but will Yahoo Answers ever automatically delete a question after a certain period of time and if so after how long? I have questions that are still there after seven years.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

Questions with no answers used to be deleted but the system after 7days, but then the poster could do that themselves. Right now the 7 day feature isn't working.

Questions with answers are here for as long as Yahoo Answers exists. The original intention for the site was that it would be a knowledge database, so deleting questions defeats that purpose. Questions are never removed from the display unless reported as a violation and dropped.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Yahoo Answers Does not Delete Questions unless someone Reports them as a Violation and it gets Deleted other then that it stays on the Site

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Yahoo will delete your question if it has no answers after 7 days. This is the only way it would be automatically removed other than being reported. But if someone answers your question and they are reported the question or someone answer but is caught by the spam filter it will not be deleted after the 7 days.

• 2 years ago

No, not unless they go unanswered after a week.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Yahoo DID and VERIZON automatically deletes questions that have ZERO answers after 7 DAYS, but often those computer programs don't work. You CAN delte YOUR OWN questions as LONG AS THEY HAVE NO ANSWERS., but once a question has an answer, INCLUDING your WON answer, the option to delete your question is programmed to disappear. Both the question and ALL of the Answers become Yahoo?VERIZON property are are VERIZON's dig-rial database and OTHER digital databases for a LONG time. Ya had it's 13th birthday recently. Some questions are 12 years old, but those questions HAVE ANSWERS.

• 2 years ago

no they're here for life

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.