How is high school like?

I’ll be a freshman this August, and I feel like high school isn’t like how it is depicted in most forms of media, such as books or movies. I want to get as much information as possible so that I don’t have to worry about stress. Eighth grade was already enough to deal with, so I would like a fresh start.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • k am
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

Prayer helps sometimes.

• 2 years ago

High School is nothing like the movies. Yes it can be cliquey but there are so many people that it doesn’t matter.

The work load is going to be a lot. Middle school does a crappy job of preparing you for that.

I suggest that you get involved in something where you have to work as a team.

For example, I joined band( I started in 6th grade though ) Throughout my freshman year, I was introduced to so many people and places and it made the transition way easier. I didn’t have to

Worry about who I would sit with at lunch because we all had the same lunch period.

If not an activity like band, join a club! They’re great for community service hours and getting to know different types of people.

Good luck! High school isn’t as bad as it seems (:

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

if possible, see if you can get a tour of the campus

• 2 years ago

Just don’t let anybody’s rude comments get to you. High schoolers are dumb. Only hang around positive people.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.