Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 years ago

Could this be God talking to me?

I feel like something is telling me that unless I have a relationship with God that I will still suffer from anxiety attacks and depression? I feel so emotionally numb. I am 24. I have an alcoholic boyfriend who doesn’t seem to care and I have done too many bad things. I have smoked pot, drinker alcohol, and treated people badly.

• Eric
    Favorite Answer

God does speak to people today and yes I do believe that God is speaking to you in this way. 1 John 5 speaks of how when we have a relationship with God, we can know He answers our prayers if He wills. For now, I would recommend you desperately seek God and ask Him to give you the Holy Spirit so that you can yield to the Holy Spirit and know that you are saved and your sins are forgiven. And when you truly know who Jesus is intimately, He can set you free (John 8:36).

About Jesus: He died for your sins, was buried, and rose again from the dead so that we may be resurrected unto life with Him, and whoever believes in Him will never die (John 3:36; John 10:28).

If you have to ask this-it wasn’t.

so your saying..it took god for you to see how shite your life decissions are?....it was not god..but your own sub conssious..death may be around the corner and your sub consious is telling you...

Definitely not.

• Janet

No, God doesn't talk to us. Delusions talk to us.

WE connect with God through centering prayer (if you are Christian) or meditation (if you are Hindu) .. or whatever.

This is a FEELING .. not a concept.

As for anxiety and depression, these are the result of the messages you have consciously fed into your brain since you were young.

Get some cognitive-behavioral therapy to learn how to change those brain patterns that are now producing your anxiety and depression.

Also, break up with the boyfriend. He is your living example of your self-hatred, and as long as you are with him, you cannot start to get over your mental health issues.

Also, stop smoking and drinking.

And maybe try to treat people better .. at least, go out of your way or volunteer with some organization. The more we do for others, the happier we are . .it is a great antidote to depression. AND helping others send positive messages into our brain.

But get some therapy.

You are numb because you are afraid to look at your emotions. And as long as you cannot allow yourself to look at your emotions, you also will NOT feel joy, hope or happiness.

So learn how. It is up to you.

And cognitive-behavioral therapy is now KNOWN to be AS effective as antidepressant medication.

Are you Queenstar Betty Amoah who went bad?

Sure. If God speaks to you, go with it. If he never speaks to you, fair enough--don't worry about it.

I see. So, if God has never spoken to any of you, it's because he doesn't exist. And if God does speak to someone, it can't be God, because he doesn't exist.

No, ur anxiety is talking to u....

The religion only comes into play because u fixate on that concept due to child abuse/indoctrination to fear.