I'm a girl, but sometimes I wish I was a boy. Help!?

Before saying anything, I'd just like to make it clear that I love being a girl. There has never been a time in my life that I haven't liked girly things. However, I have some strange obsession with the opposite gender. Specifically, the male teenage lifestyle. I'm currently 16 and in high school, and I constantly think about what it would be like to experience life as a boy. I love forms of media that kind of center around teenage boys and the crazy things they do, like American Pie, Be More Chill, and plenty of other things like that. At first, I thought I just liked coming-of-age things, but, when I thought about it, I only really cared about the male perspective . Also, while I would consider myself straight, I have thought about having relationships with women. I concluded that I would never actually date a female, but I would have no problem having sex with one. I feel that if I was a guy, I would probably be gay, and that doesn't bother me. Though I've never felt the need to change my body, nor have I ever felt trapped as if I was in the wrong one. I know I've put so much out here and that I haven't really asked a question, but I just want to know what I am? I love gay couples in movies and other things, and I love clothes and activities associated with boys. However, I love everything girly too. I'm just curious if this means I'm transgender or something else. I'm just really confused, and I need help. Thanks in advance.

• reme_1

CAll the gay center and talk to the counselor.

• Janet

This is part of the struggle of learning to like ourselves during our teen years.

No help is needed or necessary.

Just relax and let things go as they will.

There are very few teenagers who don't have SOME kind of angst about themselves.

Girls can like masculine things and still be girls. As long as you don't experience gender dysphoria, you are cisgender.

If you'd like to be sure though, you could always visit a gender therapist.

My conclusion is that you are a heteroromantic bisexual gender nonconforming girl.