Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 years ago

Is what my father did rude?

He never has any sympathy for anyone else, especially when it comes to sleeping. He has an on-suite bathroom yet still stomps all the way down the hallway to use my brother and i's bathroom at night, often slamming the lid and leaving the light on to wake us up. This morning I was woken up pretty early to him standing in my doorway yelling "what did you do with the pizza??" He hadn't even checked the fridge yet! I told him I put it in the fridge and he went and ate one of my three remaing slices (this is a big deal because he had six slices left and I don't eat meat so I couldn't eat his)

I'm just so mad, how uncaring can you be to wake someone up (it actually scared me pretty bad in the moment) early in the morning demanding to know something selfish that could wait or that you could easily have solved alone. He also gets super mad if you wake him up even if he's asleep at 3 pm.

Yes. Sounds like he's abusing his parental rights and messing with his kids for no valid reason.

If it gets extremely bad, to where he's picking fights with you...call social services.

i think it was rude too, not much you can do but tell him how you feel when he does that

It does sound like he is being inconsiderate