Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 years ago

Will my dog and bird get along?

Tomorrow, I am going to the shelter to pick up my new Pomeranian puppy. I also have a Quaker parrot that I love very much and I am wondering what I will have to do to get them to get along?

Favorite Answer

I wouldn't put the quaker in the dog's face, that's for sure. Keep him out of harm's way (but of course he could decide to bite the hell out of the dog, too?). I'd keep them separated when the bird is out of its cage. For quite some time to come.

And the dog is going to be nervous, feel uncomfortable and it's going to take it time to adjust to its new home, so you need to be mindful of that. He or she is going to have to make a lot of huge adjustments in a new home.

best wishes.

Maybe/maybe not. Your responsibility to keep both safe from harm by whatever means necessary, you can't make them get along, anymore than anyone can make you get along with someone you may dislike.

I'd not expect them to 'get along'. Do they have to? Keep each away from the other.

never met either of them... so dont know it depeneds all on the animals