Girl calls you "babe" by accident?

I was hanging out with my friend who I've known for a long time, and she's in a relationship. We were sitting in my car getting gas and having a conversation, I forget about what. At one point she says, "babe-I mean," and then said my name and continued with her question. Why would she call me that? Was she likening me to him or something like that? Did she feel like she was with him, or was it nothing?

Favorite Answer

I wouldn’t read too much into that. People often make that sort of mistake. When I was an elementary teacher, kids called me Mom by accident. They’d also accidentally call me their teacher’s name. My guy once called me by my roommate’s name.

Simple answer is that she just messed up.

Karoleigh

Lol, I've been there. Don't waste time with female friends. If you're in a relationship your gf is going to wonder the need for you to spend alone time with this "friend" and if you're single you're wasting time when you could be out meeting people. Watch some "thatwasepic" videos on youtube, yes he's a good looking guy, but his approach is still the right one (when he's playing things more straight up, not when he's doing pratfalls and such). Basically approach confidently, after a bit of banter tell her to put the number in, don't ask and don't be surprised when she doesn't text back, but that's okay because you got 4 other numbers as well.

A slip of the tongue. Nothing more.