Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 years ago

Is ananda center a cult of some kind?

Idk im considering visiting one of their centers for a meditation meeting but when i saw stuff about a guru and there being residential places where people live and their own schools and buisnesses and churches and temples im not sure. Im mainly interested in yoga and meditation and do not desire to join a cult or religion of some kind

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Jorge
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

I think was founded by Paramahamsa Yogananda. He mixes all religions thinking that all path are right. Anyway, when you are looking for yoga and meditation, the concepts of guru and spirituality come along with it. Even when is only yoga exercises, there are always some guru teacher to follow.

The best and sublime yoga meditation is to chant the mahamantra hare krishna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LazF7U8MRQ

Youtube thumbnail

Just do it in your home and you dont have to join to any one or anything.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Yes, it's a dangerous cult. Instead, consider accepting without question everything John Hagee says on TV. You won't even have to leave your house, which is something to avoid whenever possible.

• 2 years ago

yes...gurus are not CHRISTIANS...JESUS IS THE TRUE GOD

when I googled "guru" it mentioned hindu and buddhism both of which are cults to avoid

CHOOSE TRINITY CHURCHES for your own good

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.