What are my chances of securing a job as a legal secretary or paralegal?

Sorry yahoo did not let me post the whole thing so going to add in chunks

So I've just completed my law degree at the University of Essex graduating with a 68%(2:1) and I am a Canadian citizen. I want to stay and work in the UK very much, though I know it can be a challenge as the company will need to sponsor me for a visa. I have worked as a legal adviser at a family law clinic, done admin work at a council etc.

I also have multiple jobs that have given me the necessary skills for this position. My only question is how difficult will it be for me to get a job here in the UK. Im hoping to secure a position that starts next year. Please let me know how difficult and if you have any tips on how I can secure one easily please add!

You guys do not understand, I am in the UK hence it is a bachelors law degree not a JD

• ****

Why be a legal secretary if you have a law degree? Doesn't make sense

If you have to ask, near zero.

I don't know the job situation in the UK but, don't lower yourself to the duties of a legal secretary. Since they split the duties of a legal secretary/legal assistant and title it now as just a legal secretary and created the job of a paralegal/legal assistant, as a lawyer, you don't want to be a legal secretary. As a paralegal, you will be spared the grunt work and doing all of the discovery work is so much nicer. Before the paralegal title was created, we did it all - the grunt work, discovery, even legal research depending on the firm and requirements of the job.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
  • Judy

paralegal - not without the required training

Given that you can't figure out Yahoo Answers, I suspect you are not qualified.

Given your claim you have a law degree, but you are ONLY seeking employment as a legal secretary or paralegal, I suspect you are FLAT OUT LYING about having a degree.

Given that your screen name is '?', I have about 200 reasons, aka 200 troll accounts with the same screen name, to believe you are a troll.

Your chances are as good as others with equal qualifications for those jobs. Better than those who are less-qualified and worse than those who are better-qualified. We have no idea HOW qualified you are.

son tantos que tenemos