What are my chances of securing a job as a legal secretary or paralegal?

Update:

Sorry yahoo did not let me post the whole thing so going to add in chunks

Update 2:

So I've just completed my law degree at the University of Essex graduating with a 68%(2:1) and I am a Canadian citizen. I want to stay and work in the UK very much, though I know it can be a challenge as the company will need to sponsor me for a visa. I have worked as a legal adviser at a family law clinic, done admin work at a council etc.

Update 3:

I also have multiple jobs that have given me the necessary skills for this position. My only question is how difficult will it be for me to get a job here in the UK. Im hoping to secure a position that starts next year. Please let me know how difficult and if you have any tips on how I can secure one easily please add!

Update 4:

You guys do not understand, I am in the UK hence it is a bachelors law degree not a JD

7 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Why be a legal secretary if you have a law degree? Doesn't make sense

• 2 years ago

If you have to ask, near zero.

• 2 years ago

I don't know the job situation in the UK but, don't lower yourself to the duties of a legal secretary. Since they split the duties of a legal secretary/legal assistant and title it now as just a legal secretary and created the job of a paralegal/legal assistant, as a lawyer, you don't want to be a legal secretary. As a paralegal, you will be spared the grunt work and doing all of the discovery work is so much nicer. Before the paralegal title was created, we did it all - the grunt work, discovery, even legal research depending on the firm and requirements of the job.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

paralegal - not without the required training

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Given that you can't figure out Yahoo Answers, I suspect you are not qualified.

Given your claim you have a law degree, but you are ONLY seeking employment as a legal secretary or paralegal, I suspect you are FLAT OUT LYING about having a degree.

Given that your screen name is '?', I have about 200 reasons, aka 200 troll accounts with the same screen name, to believe you are a troll.

• 2 years ago

Your chances are as good as others with equal qualifications for those jobs. Better than those who are less-qualified and worse than those who are better-qualified. We have no idea HOW qualified you are.

• 2 years ago

son tantos que tenemos

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.