Is the corsair NX500 pcie 3.0 SSD backwards compatible with a pcie 2.0, 990fx (am3+) chipset?

I want to upgrade my boot drive to the latest tech but my older motherboard is not m.2 compatible. using an m.2 to pcie adapter would work but not as a boot drive. I’m hoping this pcie drive from corsair will be recognized as bootable. mobo is an asrock 990fx extreme3 with the latest bios with an am3+ FX cpu. PS. I... show more I want to upgrade my boot drive to the latest tech but my older motherboard is not m.2 compatible. using an m.2 to pcie adapter would work but not as a boot drive. I’m hoping this pcie drive from corsair will be recognized as bootable. mobo is an asrock 990fx extreme3 with the latest bios with an am3+ FX cpu.
PS. I realize the bandwidth of pcie2 is lower but i’ve read that the difference is negligible in this scenario and still far faster than sata3.
1 answer 1