Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 2 years ago

Should I use alcohol as a stop smoking aid?

I have been using alcohol, in small amounts throughout the past few days, as a stop smoking aid...

Figuring that the reason why the alcohol makes me want a cigarette, is because when it goes into the bloodstream, it cleanses my body of the nicotine and chemicals from cigarettes.

Is the idea a good way to go about quitting smoking ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I would suggest not going that route because you want to slowly but surely DECREASE your need for nicotine. If alcohol INCREASES your desire for it, your method will make it that much tougher to quit. I'd suggest using nicotine gum or patches, or perhaps looking for some other methods online; I'm sure there are a ton of resources out there.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

No

• 2 years ago

Lol no

• 2 years ago

First of all I don’t think alcohol cleanses your body of anything bad, I think it actually further toxifies the body, as it being used as a smoking cessation aid, do it if it works for you and help you quit but I don’t see how it would or why alcohol would be substituted for nicotine.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

No, you are just substituting one bad habit/addiction with another. Use NRT.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

No, using alcohol as an alternative for or to satisfy cravings for nicotine is a bad plan. Going cold turkey and riding the storm for two weeks or using NRT as directed is a better idea.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

No..

"Throughout the last few days"? Hmm, if this story is real, you are either drinking alcohol on the job (which a a reason for termination in ANY job, ANYWHERE), and if you say "I'm too young to have a job", you are imbibing well underage.

Oh, you just created your account today. You need to learn the rules of "trolling". This was pathetic.

• 2 years ago

yes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.