Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 2 years ago

No peace in my apt with all the noise above me.How do ask, without making things worse to have some consideration since this is not a house.?

Update:

no peace with neighbors above me.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Any way you look at it, a report is a report. Don't yell, don't curse, just report it to the landlord like a normal, civilized human being. Tell him the time it happened, how long it goes on and what it sounds like. If it sounds like they have a zoo of elephants above, tell it like it is.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.
  • k am
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

Write a nice letter.

• GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

I'd be inclined not to approach them directly but ask the landlord or management office to contact them. Be specific re times, dates and what the noise was (tv, loud music, etc.).

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

If all else fails, file a complaint with the manager. People tend to be beyond rude.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Speak to them and advise that the noise from their flat comes straight down into yours. Ask if they can try and keep quiet between certain hours, or invest in rugs to help insulate the sound.

• 2 years ago

say something like, you understand they don't realize how sound carries, but...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.