Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 2 years ago

Belly button piercing lump?

Iv had my belly pierced 4 about 6 months, not been a problem, but recently noticed if u apply pressure on it a red lump forms around the pierced area

I took it out to clean it, had the urge to squeeze it as something didn’t feel right and a ball of blood and clear looking tissue bulged from the pierced hole from the inside of my stomach- I got a cotton bud and tore away most of it (I know, this probably isn’t a good idea but it’s what my brain was telling me I had to do)

Idk what the heck it is?

I’m sea salt soaking my piercing now and Iv put my clean bar back in just in case it’s an infection as I don’t want an infection getting trapped. What should I do and what does it sound like I have? Also the skin around my piercing looks everrrr so slightly light and I guess taught

Advice? Thank u and plz no hate I’m just worried as haven’t seen something like this on a belly piercing before- it’s like a lump that’s been inside all along

• Laura
    Favorite Answer

Why did you remove the jewelry? It wasn't ready, and that caused these issues.

Go to the drugstore and get sterile saline wound wash spray. This should be near the bandages, the only ingredient should be sodium chloride and water. Get some sterile gauze pads too. Saturate a gauze pad with the spray and hold it on the piercing for 5 - 10 mins. After soaking, remove any crust and gunk. If it hurts to remove, leave it.

Keep the jewelry in and clean it properly like this for at least another 3 months. You removing the jewelry and squeezing it has really set the healing backwards, so give your body the time it needs to heal. Its not infected, just really irritated.