How is a prince addressed?

Is he addressed as a lord? Like, "My lord, why have you summoned me to your chamber?"

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

Usually Your Highness or Sir

• Cousin
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

Not all princes are royal, some being only serene, but "highness" is always right.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Often as, "Bub".

• 2 years ago

Your Royal Highness, then Sir.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

"Dude."

Source(s): 1776
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

No, a prince is addressed as your royal highness.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Depends on whether he is an imperial, royal, or lesser prince. If imperial, he is "Your Imperial Highness" on first address and then "Sir." If royal, he is "Your Royal Highness" on first address and then "Sir".

If he is a serene highness or otherwise just a member of the highest level of the nobility in his country (in some nations, such as Russia, princes were basically the equivalents of non-royal dukes elsewhere), he is "Your Highness" and then "Sir," or, if you are on very friendly terms, you just address him as "Prince". Or maybe by his first name, if you're one of his close friends.

That's if you're writing a story set in a historical era. Many countries have abolished not only royalty but also the high nobility that included dukes and princes, and there's only one country -- Japan -- that still has an "imperial" family, though it no longer has an empire. And royalty is often much more casual these days than it used to be.

• 2 years ago

Sir if speaking to them, their title if speaking ABOUT them. "Yes, Prince James(or Crowned prince), Duke of brooklyn, said xxxxxxxxxxx"

Different rules if you are a direct subject of theirs though.

• 2 years ago

A crown prince (next in line for the throne) would be addressed as Your Royal Highness or Your Highness. Other princes would be addressed as Your Grace.

• Clo
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

A prince is addressed as Your Royal Highness, then as Sir.

Only a peer is addressed as "My Lord." The peers who are addressed as Lord are marquess, earl, viscount, and baron, A duke is addressed as Duke or My Lord Duke, and Your Grace.

This is a good site about titles: http://laura.chinet.com/html/titles12.html

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.