Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 years ago

Why don't people view Britain they way they view Nazi Germany when they've done worse things?

The British empire is the biggest human rights violator ever.

He says, in English.

Oh really?

When's the last time the UK went around beheading or otherwise executing people because of their religious beliefs? When's the last time the UK threw masses of people into jail just because of the political beliefs? When's the last time the UK forced its women to wear burkas or even hijabs?

Get real.

I don't think you and history are on reading terms

• Jay R

How far back to you feel you have to reach in order to condemn Great Britain? Have you not read of the crimes of the American gov't?

Rubbish.

I presume you are looking at ancient history. Keep in mind that prisoners of war are very recent concepts and that invading armies used to throw children over the defensive walls of castles with a catapult, screaming all the way. Things have changed.

• Mike W

There is no more British Empire.

O my. I didn't hear about all the millions of people they killed in concentration camps.

Because the British paid for it out of their own pocket and did it’s best to heal what was done

• Liam

Turkish empire was worse