Trap Music?

The title of this question isn’t very specific, I know. I’m a 14 year old girl and I live in Canada, and I listen to rap and trap music all the time. I love it. But I don’t know why I love it. I keep saying I like the beat and the music and the words don’t mean anything to me, but people don’t believe me. All my music has drugs, alcohol, guns, sex and breakups, but I’m not like that. I’ve never drank, and never done drugs. Frankly, I’m also a virgin. So, what am I supposed to do? Everyone thinks I’m a pimp and I’m not, it’s just the music I like.

• blank

A lot of people listen to Rap music.I am twenty eight and still listen to a lot of Rap music.But I also was born in 1990 and grew up during the Rap scene when it was becoming more popular. I got into Rap music very early.

Because of some of the Rap I listen to people judge.

Due to the fact of my age.

I was born and raised in Boston MA.And live in the hood.

So a lot of people find it more acceptable because I live in Boston.

However I met a girl in college who went though the same thing you are.She loved Rap and because she was from Alabama people assume she should listen to Country.And people think of the same thing you are going though.

They think she is hood because she listens to Rap music and this was not the case.She just loved Rap and most of the songs she liked had the same topics as you said above.

In short-people judge.It may be hard but try to ignore it.

Explain to them you like that kind of music but are not hood.

People can listen to Rap without being hood which is why I told you the story of my friend from college.

People can listen to Rap music without being hood.

This includes Trap music.

Hip hop is what douchebags blast in their lowriders, with their $5,000 rims on a $200 car, while swingin', or hitting the reefer. I'm not saying you're a douchebag, but maybe the people judging you have this preconceived standard of that type of music that they automatically hold you to. If you really like it, analyise why you like it (how it makes you feel when you hear it, rather than just superficially) and explain it to them, or if what they say bothers you that much, find a different kind of music. For that, I'd recommend '50's rock and roll. It's much cleaner and has just as much of a beat. Like this: http://youtu.be/vb_Hb_hAXgA

Youtube thumbnail

• Mr.412

Tell them it’s good dance and workout music