Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 years ago

What does it mean when you feel sick with the thought of your ex going off/have sex with someone else?

My ex of 21months broke up with me, and I know I deserve better and be treated better, but I still love him, and even though I know it would be best to move on, I think about him all day and night every day, I miss him, and I just feel sick with the thought of him going off with other people, having sex with them, kiss them, or watch porn etc etc.

Is it normal to feel this?

What does it mean to feel like this?

I’m struggling to cope and finding it hard.

dont dwell in the past

Yes it's perfectly normal. you have been badly hurt. The only way to get over this is to forcibly make yourself NOT think about him. Don't follow him on social media, don't ask people about him and get your friends not to talk about him. It will be hard for you to do this, but it will make it easier in the future once not-thinking about him becomes more of a habit. Hide all pictures of him too. Get a new hobby or social club or student course - something to fill up your time and give you something different to think about. good luck

It means you still love them. It's normal. Try and meet new people and put your attention to someone else or getting a new hobbie.

• kristy

Well you broke up. You can’t expect him to stay at home and jerk off all the time