Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Other - Europe · 2 years ago

What do you think is bigger in area or land, France all by it self or all of the following combined?

England, Scotland Wales, ENTIRE Ireland, Man of Isle, and ALL of the surrounding small islands in English Channel and north of Scotland. Overseas territories of France or the U.K. are NOT included.

• dj
    Favorite Answer

My guess is that France is bigger.

This is by memory so you may want to fact ck . England has a population of 50 M plus and is closest in size to the states of Louisiana or Alabama; both w/populations of less than 5 M. England is still smaller.

Again, if I recall correctly, Oregon w/a population of less than 5 M is larger than the entire UK. I know France is closest in size to the state of Texas but smaller. .

I can understand why people from the US aren't answering. Most don't know. I wonder why people from the UK aren't. hmm ... is it because all of the UK plus the rest of Ireland & Islands is still smaller than both France and Texas ?

I'm guessing it's France, because you wouldn't be asking the question otherwise.

Why do you need to "think" this, google could tell you.

I think I speak for the entire YA community when I say Who Cares?