Back injury?

Today I was bowling and my 2 year old ran down the lane. I ran to catch her and I caught her I slipped on the lane and landed hard on my back. Its 5 hours later and I can t sleep due to pain. What should I do? Er? Wait till call dr monday??

(I am overweight if that matters)

Er will not do anything. U should take ibuprofen and rest. This is what doctor will prescribe u as well - antiinflammatory drug and rest. And later when pain subsides physical exercises

You could try putting cold packs on your back where it hurts. 20 minutes out of each hour, maximum. The idea is to alternate between cold and warm. This speeds up the healing process.

And you take an anti-inflammatory pain killer such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or naproxen. Take it faithfully as directed, the maximum recommended dose, rather than taking excess. You can add Acetaminophen to this, as directed; it is not anti-inflammatory, but it works on the pain tolerance, a different approach from the other painkillers.

Now, really, I would recommend a Chiropractor rather than a Medical Doctor, because this is exactly what they specialize in.

As soon as you can get in, which is probably Monday.

If you feel it is more urgent than that, you can go to the ER. They may provide you a stronger pain medicine.

yes

Well you obviously injured your back, I wouldn't go to ER unless you can't walk. Take Motrin or Ibuprofen. Call doc on Monday.