Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 2 years ago

Guitar Rig Advice?

I am a guitarist who is looking to understand more about rigs. I get the simple things, guitar, amp head, speaker, but I see on rig rundown and all of those other little things online, these guitarists, have these other boxes, cabs, etc. I don't know what any of them are. Could anybody give me a rig rundown (no pun intended) and give me info on rigs, so I can hopefully make my own in the future?

• Andrew

Get a decent stomp box - I've got three, a BOSS Heavy Metal pedal, a BOSS Digital Metallizer, and an Ibanez Tube Screamer. I've got a Flanger, a Phaser, an Octave pedal, a Digital Delay and a Crybaby Wah. My amp is a Crate, it's got excellent reverb and the clean channel is phenomenal. Start out with what you think might enhance your sound, then experiment with different options. Most of my pedals are BOSS because they can take the same power supply. I used to have a digital board, I can't recall the make but it was like an RG20 or something. I didn't like it and went back to analog.