Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 2 years ago

Is it safe for me to wash the dishes?

My sister has chickenpox and she recently ate and put her dish and fork and spoon in the sink and I have to wash the dishes since my parents are away for a while. I don’t want to risk leaving it up to my mom since she has a weak immune system. I don’t know how to wash her plate without getting infections from touching the saliva from her spoon. I remember I had a couple of chickenpox and Tdap vaccines in the past and even though that true I am scared to get it though. I never had chickenpox in the past. I don’t know how to clean her spoons and forks the proper way. Will it still be safe if I use those blue gloves? How long would I have to wash the utensils and dish out in order for all of the infection to be gone?

Favorite Answer

you should be fine because you would be washing away the germs

Washing the dishes is not particularly hazardous. Your hands get washed with them.