Why do I keep getting irrelevant ads on YouTube?

Look, I'm just a humble goblin living in his mancave. I'm not very active, and I keep away from Fortnite (forgive me for mentioning). So why do I keep getting ads from Dick's Sporting Goods and Fortnite? Every time I see one, I click the little "why am I seeing this ad" button and opt out of... show more Look, I'm just a humble goblin living in his mancave. I'm not very active, and I keep away from Fortnite (forgive me for mentioning).

So why do I keep getting ads from Dick's Sporting Goods and Fortnite? Every time I see one, I click the little "why am I seeing this ad" button and opt out of seeing it, but it just shows up again within the hour.

I have a brother who is very into these things.

The only reason I've come up with is that Internet usage goes to the whole house - what one person does can transfer to everyone else. I believe this because my search bar suggests Lowes with the little clock icon, as if I searched for Lowes at one point, but I never have.

Sure, I did get Fortnite because I thought it had promise (was I wrong!). I did let my brother play it on my computer since his computer couldn't run it, but now that he upgraded his PC, I haven't had the patience to uninstall the game.

So what's the deal?