Why do I keep getting irrelevant ads on YouTube?

Look, I'm just a humble goblin living in his mancave. I'm not very active, and I keep away from Fortnite (forgive me for mentioning).

So why do I keep getting ads from Dick's Sporting Goods and Fortnite? Every time I see one, I click the little "why am I seeing this ad" button and opt out of seeing it, but it just shows up again within the hour.

I have a brother who is very into these things.

The only reason I've come up with is that Internet usage goes to the whole house - what one person does can transfer to everyone else. I believe this because my search bar suggests Lowes with the little clock icon, as if I searched for Lowes at one point, but I never have.

Sure, I did get Fortnite because I thought it had promise (was I wrong!). I did let my brother play it on my computer since his computer couldn't run it, but now that he upgraded his PC, I haven't had the patience to uninstall the game.

So what's the deal?

Use ad blocker to block those ads.

You can set your browser to block ads. Then you will recieve less ads. note some ads can bypass the blocking of browsers.

Get Adblock lol

Well, I guess it makes sense that you're seeing those recommendations, probably because all the computers in your house probably share the same IP address, and thus, collected data is associated with all the computers in the house.

• Bye

I'm not sure the ads are targeted. It could just be that's all they have right now to run.

debes enfreta