Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 years ago

Dating: What to do about boyfriend?

My boyfriend and I have been together for about a year. He’s an international student and I’m American. He’s been here for five years and still hasn’t graduated community college. He says he wants a better job and currently he likes to buy and sell cars. He’s met my family. He knows my brother pretty well. He said he would like to take me and see his parents and marry me. He is very good to me. I don’t worry too much about him.

I’m 26 and really would like to get married soon. I’m done with college, going back for another degree and want to start the next chapter of my life.I love my boyfriend but I don’t know if I should be patient with his situation. He says he wants to own a business, become a nurse and flip cars for money. However, I’m not seeing him work towards completion of his schooling. What to do?

Favorite Answer

He has ambitions that don't involve a college education. While I'd argue that getting a college education would serve him well in the long run, there are also plenty of people who never finished college and have still managed to do well in life. College is not for everyone and he seems to be the type who wants to pursue his passions elsewhere. There's nothing you can do about this other than either accept his choices or move on.

Nothing

☆ Sent from iOS Dr. Know! 1.1.04

• Rick

He's a dreamer and you're a realist, so it's normal for you to have different life goals and plans. Since you're seeing that you're different this way, you need to do what's right for you.