Christians, all god chat aside, how do you feel about the idea of conformity in general? Do you prefer to think of yourself as individual?

I know I'm an individual. That I can make my own choices and that they affect others as well as myself. I've yet to meet a person devoid of any conviction in the sense that they cannot say no or tell another person that they're wrong. You'll have to in this world. Even the most limited people are capable of it. I don't believe just anything taught me, though I'm more than happy to let you think I do.

Source(s): Christian

Whole societies conform to one another, with minute personal differences. As a Christian, I try my best to be conformed to Christ.

As a young Christian, I chose to keep the Christian moral standards in a world that mostly didn't. As a much older Christian, I still make individual decisions according to my desire to follow Jesus.

I have always been an individual. I didn't feel it was necessary to smoke, drink or do drugs because everyone else was doing them. When I was overseas in the service, on payday, some of the guys

would give me their money to hold so they wouldn't spend it all when they went to town, because they

knew they could trust me.

• janhoi

I think independent thinking is very important. St Thomas Aquinas for instance talks about the importance saying "Every judgement of conscience, be it right or wrong, be it about things evil in themselves or morally indifferent, is obligatory, in such wise that he who acts against his conscience always sins".

In my tradition(Anglicanism) Richard Hooker, one of our main theologians, speaks of what we call the "3 legged stool". They are scripture, tradition and reason. Scripture is the foundation of our faith, because it's God's revelation. Tradition gives us the example of how the faith is lived out and how the Bible has been interpreted. And reason allows us to critically examine our faith. In fact Hooker states we are obligated to due so because reason is one of the laws that govern the natural world.

So a faith that involves no critical thinking, no application of reason for Aquinas and Hooker is just superstition.

Source(s): Anglican Christian

They are all individuals together.