Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 years ago

My friend at the kingdom hall said the greek word monogenes means born of the flesh but wouldn't that mean that Jesus only became the only-?

Begotten son when he was conceived. Is that accurate to say? I am starting to question my watch tower given beliefs.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

Your friend is mistaken. Neither of those words refers to "flesh."

Monogenés (μονογενής) is both an adjective -- only child, only legitimate child, special child -- and a noun -- o monogenēs = the only child, the only legitimate child.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

jesus never existed he was mythological

• 2 years ago

That's the smartest thing to do. Question those cult beliefs, and then give them up for reason, logic, and individuality

• 2 years ago

I have yet to meet a Jaydub who knowa any truth about God and His Bible . . .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Monogenes is more closely translated to 'one of a kind', or the only one of its type.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

are you well?

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Keep questioning. Maybe by the end of it, you'll have come to your senses.

• 2 years ago

Yes, you are correct: "mono" and "genes" are the two greek words that make up monogenes in the Greek. But even more than what your friend says, mono means only and genes is born. So Jesus is God's only (human) born Son, which makes Jesus God.

Source(s): blueletterbible.org
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

Bodies are temporary movies we make up and think we are projecting them out in a world. it's ALL in the mind. Holographic Universe.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.