Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 years ago

My friend at the kingdom hall said the greek word monogenes means born of the flesh but wouldn't that mean that Jesus only became the only-?

Begotten son when he was conceived. Is that accurate to say? I am starting to question my watch tower given beliefs.

Your friend is mistaken. Neither of those words refers to "flesh."

Monogenés (μονογενής) is both an adjective -- only child, only legitimate child, special child -- and a noun -- o monogenēs = the only child, the only legitimate child.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian

jesus never existed he was mythological

That's the smartest thing to do. Question those cult beliefs, and then give them up for reason, logic, and individuality

I have yet to meet a Jaydub who knowa any truth about God and His Bible . . .

• ?

Monogenes is more closely translated to 'one of a kind', or the only one of its type.

are you well?

Keep questioning. Maybe by the end of it, you'll have come to your senses.

Yes, you are correct: "mono" and "genes" are the two greek words that make up monogenes in the Greek. But even more than what your friend says, mono means only and genes is born. So Jesus is God's only (human) born Son, which makes Jesus God.

Source(s): blueletterbible.org

Bodies are temporary movies we make up and think we are projecting them out in a world. it's ALL in the mind. Holographic Universe.