Izzy asked in Social ScienceSociology · 2 years ago

How to find a persons interests during conversations?

I’m 24 yrs old, employed and in college. I lost connection of the art with my own friends, family and acquaintances. What art? The art of conversation. Without being corny and boring, how do I figure what somebody likes to do or did? I don’t want to talk about myself. I want to know what they like and do outside of work bwithout being corny. For ex, “ do you like golf? “Do you like the store” these types of questions are done to death. how do I get a person to talk about their interests and have a interesting conversation?

You're already on to it, you simply ask open ended questions about their lives, interests, anything at all to get the conversation started. Pay close attention and listen well, you will find one reply leads to another question or comment you can make, and you're off to the races. If you genuinely express interest, you'll find people will respond and it will be hard to shut them up. Whether you're interested or not in what they have to say...well, that depends upon both you and the person you've chosen to chat with. Good luck, it works !

That shouldn't take too long considering the fact that people share those things with others in their conversations. Most of the time. If not, some prodding will reveal why not. Usually once the ice is broken it is hard to get people to stop talking about those things.

• lala

Make the person feel important and ask what kind of work they are doing

or which sport they prefer

and do not wait for the person to start the conversation

For me its so easy to talk to a pure stranger ;WHY Because I would say something simple as ;; today its really cold with a smile ;; and its works all the time