Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 years ago

Do you agree that if SCOTUS allows states to decide on marriage of gays we should allow the states to decide religious freedom limits?

This means the states will be allowed to protect religious freedom but be specific how much protection is presented and if there are things that don’t apply like discrimination in the name of ones faith. States rights after all.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Strega
    Lv 7
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, I think it will be great when I don't have to do business with a right wing christian. That's my religious freedom. Remember this only applies to them, no one else.

Can't wait for the day, they started this fight lets see where it takes them.

• bil
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Yes, the Democrats at the Supreme Court need to retire, so we can apply the Constitution as written...Instead of translated into Democrat speak. Neither Gay nor straight is MENTIONED in our founding document.

Source(s): And IF Gay or Straight had been MENTIONED, THE AMERICAN constitution would have forbidden Democrat 'judges' from making law on the subject.
  • 2 years ago

No, the Constitution's first amendment guarantees religious freedom.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Nope. Two totally different things.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Sherry
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Be very careful that religious restrictions do not upset Muslims, lol. Don't you just hate it that you can't persecute Christians without it affecting other religions?

• 2 years ago

Freedom of religion is in our Bill of rights, marriage is not.

Whatever is not specifically addressed in the constitution, is to be decided by the States.

• sats
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prevents Congress from making any law respecting an establishment of religion, prohibiting the free exercise of religion.

Marriage is not mentioned in the constitution.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Sure.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.