Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 years ago

Gf admitted to having 7 online hookups before me along with the 2 relationships i already knew about? What should I think? Is this common?

Maybe it's because I never used a dating website where things like that are common but it makes me feel so uncomfortable thinking about it. Either way I cant stop feeling disappointed and bitter about it and how shallow that type of life is like... Advice for handeling because not trying to hurt her feelings

Don't sweat it so much. As long as she's good to you

If it were 1994 I'd probably question this. Instead, it's 2018 and dating apps are quite common nowadays. I see nothing wrong with her using technology to find people to date. Are there risks? Absolutely. But there are risks even when trying to meet people at bars or other places. Life is full of risks be they online or off.

You can either grow up and accept her past or you can move on.

How many hookups and relationships did you have?

This is the Tech Generation, you either try to accept it or find someone who is not tech savvy! Someone who doesn't spend time texting people. Someone who is unique, she doesn't carry her phone with her, and pays attention to you more!

Is this common? ONLY desperate people would seek online dating service, they have NO CLUE the risks they're going for.

Check out Dirty John, she met him from online dating. Her daughter have warned him about this guy, but she was not listening. That's just ONE example the risk someone takes, when dating someone who lies to them!