Why Does My Friend Call Me Dumb All the Time?

I’m 16 and I have a so-called friend who’s extremely irritating. Sometimes when I make mistakes she tells me that it’s because I’m stupid. When I didn’t know something she asked my friend, “Why is [my name] so stupid?” It’s really taking a toll on me... now I believe that there may be something wrong with the way... show more I’m 16 and I have a so-called friend who’s extremely irritating. Sometimes when I make mistakes she tells me that it’s because I’m stupid. When I didn’t know something she asked my friend, “Why is [my name] so stupid?” It’s really taking a toll on me... now I believe that there may be something wrong with the way my brain works and I shouldn’t try anymore because I was just born stupid and it’s not going to change.....
What’s ironic is that my friend doesn’t try in school at all and is extremely lazy but has the audacity to call others dumb and thinks she’s very intelligent.

Why is she doing this?