Am I wrong for thinking that my parents are fiscally irresponsible?

My parents struggle with money. They rely on state benefits such as food stamps to keep food on the table. I think they struggle with money due to their awful spending habits. I may sound cold hearted and insensitive, but here’s some examples. They spent 10,000 dollars on exotic birds. (Enough money to pay rent for... show more My parents struggle with money. They rely on state benefits such as food stamps to keep food on the table. I think they struggle with money due to their awful spending habits. I may sound cold hearted and insensitive, but here’s some examples. They spent 10,000 dollars on exotic birds. (Enough money to pay rent for almost a year). They have a car payment, and it costs them 300 dollars a month to feed the birds. Meanwhile in my case, they get mad because I have 6,000 in my savings account (which is for my car) cash under my bed, and a paycheck in my checking account. But it’s because I don’t spend my money unless I have to. Am I wrong for thinking their struggles are their own fault?