astro asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 years ago

I want to kill myself?

I’m a 17 year old girl. Very school oriented, academically inclined, etc. I don’t have any close friends, just a couple groups of acquaintances. I’m an only child, and am not super close to either of my parents or any relatives for that matter. I was raised atheist so I don’t believe in any after life, just becoming worm food, lol. I get excellent grades and that’s the one thing I have “going” for me but I just have a general distaste for living. I don’t get the point. I feel very apathetic about it all. I don’t see why me being alive or dead really matters that much, and no matter what I do I’m always plagued with existential dread as to why it matters that I’m alive and why every one else always seems to be having a great time when I feel nothing always. I would like to die in a quick and easy manner. Any advice/tips?

Favorite Answer

You've described yourself in a recent question as autistic. The website Autism Speaks says,

"Because depression can be so difficult to diagnose in those with ASD, it’s important to see a mental health professional who has expertise with autism. The importance of seeking help is underscored by recent findings that suicidal tendencies among children and teens with ASD may be more common than in the general population."

It occurs to me that there are reasons other than diagnostics for seeing a professional with this expertise.

As a general rule, the most important things for people with suicidal feelings to do are calming down and getting immediate help from a hotline. Slow breathing and simple distractions work for most people. Use whatever works for you.

This video has resources.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yBXl81QPyY

Youtube thumbnail

&t=2s

Girl we are the same maybe we should be friends. I have a 99 average in school and one "best" friend for now and some acquaintances but they usually become upset with me and leave as usual. There really is no way to die quickly and easily besides an overdose of depressants or maybe jumping from a very high place.

Source(s): Suicidal ideations for 5+ years now?
  • This life is nothing as compared to the after life. Why dont you seek religious guidance to get answers to your questions.islam sets a perfect code of conduct for people and is an answer to all tiur problems

That’s nature’s way of telling you that you’re wasting your time.

You see, nature does not communicate with us in verbal language. It just pushes us here or there, and gives us strong feelings of good or bad.

If you’re getting strong bad feelings, it means nature is trying to tell you to change course.

I can see straight away what the problem is. You’ve been brainwashed into thinking that unimportant things are the most important, and vice versa.

Sorry, but it’s true.

You're still young. I think there's three more suicides before you join the orphanage. Have a go at a more successful run away.

• Raja

Human beings are ruled by spirits but humans must learn to control and rule the spirits. Spirits possess people according to the mental state of the human beings and keep them in the same state until they are rejected and replaced by another. This is an all time phenomena occurring in all humans. Human beings are always under the influence of spirits. Certain situations and circumstances causes the possession of certain type of spirits. Often thinking and talking about bad subjects or bad imaginations even for fun can take serious turns on one who think and talk. All spirits (good and bad) have the dominating character. They can take you to the extent of sacrifice or suicide.

All of your activities, talks and even thoughts determine what kind of spirits you will have for your life. Only these spirits are the reason for the good and bad happening in your life. Generally spirits determine your destiny from your daily activities, talks and thoughts too. All knowledge, skills, emotions, feelings, interests and everything are spirits. Even thoughts are not your own. For example, when you want to take a decision on a subject, one after another they think and you just listen and choose or reject the ideas which they transmit to your mind through your brain in the form of thoughts. A human being during his/her lifetime is living with many spirits which have joined one by one since birth. All human beings are just unprogrammed robots made of flesh, bones, tissues etc., by birth and toys of the spirits for their games.

You must not leave your mind in it's own way. If you do, the spirit will take your mind for it's own, then controlling it is not so easy. First of all you must think and believe that it's not you. Then you must command that spirit both mentally and orally to go. Whenever you are possessed by that thought you must divert your mind at once towards some other subject and stay in it for a while and then continue your duty. This is a mental exercise. You may also bring at once an opposite feeling through your imagination. For example if the depression is about your future then you may think, imagine and believe that you are going to live a healthy, wealthy and happy life in future. You must continue this exercise for few days. While doing this exercise you are creating an opposing spirit, i.e., a positive force. Soon this new spirit gets stronger and eliminates the negative force. Within a few days you will be alright.

The life will not be the same forever. There will be changes in your life too. You think about the starving and suffering people of this earth. Your life is not bad when comparing to their lives. You must think that you have more work to do on this earth to save those starving and suffering people. Don't always think what others will give to you but you think what you can give for others. This will change the route of your thoughts and relieve you from the present negative forces and show you a new better life.

Welcome very much to Yahoo Answers

Since Harmony Day 21st March everyone

Belongs this includes you.

Well even though you feel like worm food

It doesn’t make you worm food, and you

Have the right to happiness, perhaps talk

To your dear folks thanks ok?

Or speak to the school counsellor thanks?

And see a doctor thanks too to discuss your

ideas Please!

Very best wishes

Mars

Source:) Blended Ethics and kindness.

why people kill themselves .....what is science behind suicide .....if you know this you are going to lough at your decision you need it to take now ...............suicide ....it is all about ego needs shortcut to escape from the game he gate defeated.....so sister first you have to know what is Eggo ......and you have to believe also Eggo is sweet in surface but it is bitter enemy inside to human being .......so ignorance is deep of darkens brings to suicide ..... but knowledge is beautiful light you can enjoy with it .......... to Know how to get rid yourself of your ego

• Tom

You do realize that most teenagers feel this way from time to time right? Feeling disillusioned, depressed and unsure about life is not out of the ordinary. I don't mean to minimize your struggles because I've been a teenager before too and I know they are just as real as any adult feelings. That being said, I also know that what you feel right now won't necessarily be what you feel a month from now or a year from now. You might have an experience or find something that changes your outlook and it can happen when you least expect it. My point is that killing yourself is a very permanent solution to temporary problems.

• Nicole

But what if u could be feeling happy too? Go to a doctor get some medication that will make you feel better. Just try and see what happens. Our brains are not perfect we sometimes need a little help in the form of meds.

yes, see a therapist