How long does it take to get your birth certificate?

I need a copy of my birth certificate and I was wondering how long it will take. Does it come in the mail or do I get it the same day,

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Judith
    Lv 7
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If you want it the same day go to the county clerk's office of the county of your birth and get it. Find out first what documentation they need (ID). Otherwise you can request it via the mail and how long it takes for you to get it depends upon how busy the office is. I imagine you can get a certified copy of your birth certificate faster from the county clerk's office than from the state vital records office but I guess it depends upon how big your county of birth is.

You can get the addresses of both offices online. Their websites also show their phone numbers and how much it will cost and what documentation is required. You can always call and ask how long it is taking for them to mail out records.

• 2 years ago

That depends of where you are attempting to get it from. Usually you can get a certificate in a few weeks from the county you were born in, or a few months from the state.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

In what country or state?

• 2 years ago

Ten days after my birth, 76 plus years ago.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Depends how you do it. And where. If you have a Department of Health and Welfare, or something equivalent that handles this sort of thing, you can go down there, ask for one, pay for it, and they'll hand it to you within minutes. If you order it online, it could take days, or weeks, or even months.

• 2 years ago

It also depends how you order it. If you get an online company to order it for you, they can expedite it for a fee and get it within days,

• 2 years ago

it depends on your location. Sometimes the same day, sometimes within a month or so.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.