Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 2 years ago

Can there be more than 4 digit pin numbers?

If I was to purchase a safe that has a keypad instead of a combination lock, could the password be more than 4 digits long? Do companies make safes that have the option to have up to 50 digit long passwords? I currently have a 44 digit passcode set on my mobile devices, and I'd like to set the same passcode for a safe, but I don't want to purchase a safe that only has the option for a 4 digit password.

• Bill-M

Yes. they do make safes that offer more than 4 digit combinations.

found this with a simple google search:

Durable and easily concealable electronic steel safy box with over 550 cubic inches of secure interior storage space.

Keep your valuables carefully locked away with the security safe box. Capacity that nicely accommodates a wide range of items, including legal documents, passports, jewelry, cash,etc.

Reprogrammable Digital Access: Keyless entry with a custom-created 8-digit code so you won't find yourself fumbling for the key when urgent access is required; Security safe combination lock control system with protection features which will refuse input of security code after the wrong PIN is entered for three times.

2 Emergency Override Keys: Two emergency override keys are included, which makes it possible to open the safe and access your valuables even if you forget your passcode or if the keypad batteries run out.

Possibly not