lila
lila asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 years ago

I caught a director at work touching my colleague. Have you ever witnessed something like this too?

I know it's none of my business at all but I'm just kind of in shock and felt the urge to write about it here. I share a really large office with two other female coworkers and next door to our office is the executive suite. Inside our office is a separate filing room with a printer, so I'm at the printer today running off copies and I guess my colleague didn't realize that I was in there. One of the directors (who is married and much older than her) was leaning over her and had his hand down her pants. She was just sitting at her desk kind of smiling but not being awkward or obvious about it at all. I quickly turned around because I didn't want her to realize I was right in the other room and I don't think she caught on afterwards because I didn't come out for a while. I'm not going to confront either of them because it's none of my business but I'm literally in shock. I've never seen something like that before and I'm weirdly upset about it but still will NEVER say anything. I like both of them, the director is hilarious and my coworker is such a sweetheart. Like I said I'm just shocked. What would you think of this situation and have you ever witness something like that at work? Did you do anything about it or no? Sorry this is such a pointless question, like I said I just had to post it because I can't stop thinking about what I saw.

Favorite Answer

I think this was a very shocking situation involving personal space, and no, i haven't seen such an incident like this at work. It would make sense even more because i'm Canadian and we know better. If that was the case as I was shocked I would have taken up with the supervisior and filed a complaint and a reprisal.

yes

You're right, it is none of your business. All you can do is file this incident away in your mind. If this director ever gets in trouble for harassment, you might then be able to come forward as a witness.

i wouldve turned him in for that

• John P

In British law "sexual harassment" at work is illegal. But actual physical harassment would require a complaint from the person being harassed. You might want to act as witness if a complaint is made. Some women follow the age-old custom of allowing such assaults in order to raise their chances in the promotion stakes, though recent high-profile cases in Hollywood have shown a turning of public opinion in such matters.

You should cut a doodie fart out of your vagina at them.

i would just kinda mess with them and just casually start up a conversation like

you:"you guys wouldn't believe what happened to me, i was sitting and i just felt like something was crawling down my pants, have you guys ever felt it, it's weird right?"

and just watch their expressions. THAT WOULD BE HILARIOUS!!! :^)

• Jack

If it became a problem and it was discovered that you knew about it and said nothing, would you then get into trouble?

I say report the incident to HR. Tell them you are not offended. Tell them you don't care, but you also don't want to get into trouble if this relationship sours in the future. And it will sour.

Either that or keep your mouth shut.

I've never seen this. Good luck.

• mokrie

Yes I've seen it happen and usually the two are having an affair. It's no ones business since both are consenting adults. Just let it go and do your job.