Kush asked in Dining OutFast Food · 2 years ago

Now that Papa John's founder resigns as chairman after apologizing for racial slur, would you still go there or no?

The founder of Papa John's resigned from his position as chairman of the pizza chain's board of directors, just hours after he apologized for using a racial slur during a company conference call earlier this year.

His resignations came after Forbes reported that he used the N-word during a May conference call while discussing the national anthem protests in the NFL.

“Colonel Sanders called blacks n------,” Schnatter said, referring to Kentucky Fried Chicken founder Harland Sanders, according to the Forbes report.

The Louisville, Kentucky-based company announced late-Wednesday night it had accepted John Schnatter’s resignation, saying it planned to replace him in the coming weeks.

Favorite Answer

I never really liked their pizzas, but yes I’d still go there. I won’t blame a whole company for the idiotic actions of one man. If everyone were to stop going there the company would have to close and all of those people would be without jobs. It isn’t fair to them.

yes... once a week at least just like I have for the last 2 years.... Name calling is just that... its not a reason for me to boycott a company or I would never go anyplace a Black has ever worked at as I am NOT A WHITE BOY, I AM NOT A HONKY, I AM NOT A CRACKER... etc...etc...etc...

and I say ALL LIVES MATTER... NOT just Black Lives...

I can understand him being upset for them being on their knees during the national anthem , just disrespectful. get out of the country you knee bending jerks or just suck a di#k while you down there . Jerks.

It doesn’t matter to me either way. I think their pizza sucks!

Papa Johns left my area 2 years ago. When they were here we tried their pizza a couple times but didn't like it so it wouldn't matter either way- we go to Dominoes.

• mokrie

Sure I'd go there. I can't see the man getting fired either. I believe in freedom of speech even if it's offensive. What new words will soon be deemed offensive and will get people fired? Once you open the door to policing speech in office settings or even any setting then it can come back and get you next. If someone wants to not go there anymore it's their business. Freedom. It's something we need to hold on to.

All the PC..BS means nothing to me.

I will do what I will do and I really do not care who does or does not like it.

Have a nice day.

• Huh?

I've tasted their pizza so no I won't be eating there. It has nothing to do with Schnatter.

Where I live we eat pizza and not whatever it is they serve.

• Wouldn't stop me. The only thing that matters is the taste of the pizza.

They taste horrible