What s the name of this art style/vibe/aesthetic?

I was curious I noticed that things like Studio Ghibli movies (Especially Laputa: Castle in The Sky), the video game Shadow of The Colossus, the movie Neverending Story and lots of other Japanese Animated movies and films particularly have very similar vibes and art styles? Very subtly magical, lonely feeling,... show more I was curious I noticed that things like Studio Ghibli movies (Especially Laputa: Castle in The Sky), the video game Shadow of The Colossus, the movie Neverending Story and lots of other Japanese Animated movies and films particularly have very similar vibes and art styles?

Very subtly magical, lonely feeling, surreal, mystical, mysterious and kinda homely and coming of age-esc. I adore this style in films and games but I wasn t sure if there was a term for it.

I understand my question is likely not so simple to answer but if anyone understands what I mean and has a response I d love to hear it!