Why do unions defend bad teachers?

Also why dont they ever report a teacher for doing something inappropriate. How come they never speak out about something a co worker does. If my co worker does something wrong I have no problem disagreeing with them. Same things with cops. They stand in unison. Nobody ever wants to talk out about specific situations. There was an issue at my school cause a teacher slept in a student. The teacher kept dodging questions like we didn't know what happened.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You dont understand the purpose of a union or how unions work. So stop asking questions of this nature.

And a teacher cannot "sleep in a student". No one can "sleep in" another person.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

False premise.

Thanks for playing -- please insert coin and try again.

• 2 years ago

Why do you pretend that school administrators need to be treated as tinpot gods?

All the unions demand is that allegations be proven, not accepted as true because someone who spend very little time in a class room decides they're true.

• 2 years ago

Unions do that because it is a major part of their function. I don't know of a single case where the presence of a union has increased quality or efficiency. Teachers' unions are there for the teachers, not for the students.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • -
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

A teacher "slept in a student." Curious. The teacher doesn't have to answer your questions.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

"Why do unions defend bad teachers?" Because their job is to represent the people who pay them - their members. It's not their job to determine which members are good teachers and which ones suck. That's the employer's job.

"The teacher kept dodging questions like we didn't know what happened." Not only does the teacher not answer to you, it would be unprofessional for the teacher to discuss their private life with their students especially while the teacher is at work.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.