Secretly adopted a shelter dog, mom says return it, what do i do now?

So my husband and i live in my parents house and my family had an elderly golden retriever that was suffering of cancer. For the past several months i have been the only one to care for this dog. It was extremely hard to watch her decline in health, as she would fall while walking and constantly pant etc. But the... show more So my husband and i live in my parents house and my family had an elderly golden retriever that was suffering of cancer. For the past several months i have been the only one to care for this dog. It was extremely hard to watch her decline in health, as she would fall while walking and constantly pant etc. But the rest of my family were too preoccupied to even look at her in her time of need. Finally i decided this week to put the dog down, at my own cost, as i couldnt watch her suffer, as my mom said "oh shes fine, your not going to kill my dog". I did it anyway and cried for days. My husband and i decided to adopt a new dog from a high kill shelter a few days ago, and shes an angel. The whole fam loves her, except my mom, who says she wants me to return the dog as she is so sad from losing her dog, so she can get a golden retriever puppy, because she wants it to have puppies for us. As we were golden retriever breeders in the past and had goldens for 20 years prior to losing this one. She says she want to get a girl and a boy for us, so we can mate them. But i suggested why not keep this great dog, get the girl golden and use a stud when you want her to get pregnant. And sge replied with, no, if you keep that dog im not getting anymore dogs. Like what the heck is up with that? What do i do?