Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 years ago

How do I find a best friend? You know like one I can go out with and tell secrets to? I don t think these kind of people even exist.?

I have what I would call just friends but no one who would be sad if I died or come bring me meals or help me if I was sick or hurt. I try to get close to some but it seems to never work out. :( Any advice. There should be a site for people looking for best friends rather than just a significant other. If there is can u tell me? Thanks. :)

That is what God is for. He knows your heart, your 100% thoughts, and exactly what you're going through.

It might be your attitude. If you are always morose and having a "victim" mentality- like it sounds from your post- people don't want to be around you. It brings them down. And it sounds like you are just looking for someone to complain to. An upbeat and positive attitude will attract friends.

• Doug H

You don't want a site that helps you find a best friend. Best friends come from trust and loyalty developed over a period of time. Eventually you and the person become best friends just from dealing with life experiences together. A site matching you with someone just wouldn't workout and if it did you'd probably have more disappointments before you found the right person. At any rate, you say you have some friends so you continue to build on those friendships with trust, loyalty and service. You are on a good path you just need to be on it long enough for one or more of those friends to desire to want to know you better. Best friends are not easy to come by for the simple fact that you have to trust them with personal information, you have to dedicate time to them, you have to suffer when they suffer, celebrate when they celebrate...it is a lot of work to maintain those friendships therefore people don't just jump into best friendships very easily like a dating website. Be patient and keep building those friendships and one or more of them will blossom into a best friend.