Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 years ago

I get panic attacks and anxiety pretty often and I was just wondering if it can weaken my heart at all? I'm in my twenties ..?

No. With a panic attack you have rapid heartbeat for about 5 minutes. Compare that with the rapid heartbeat people have for maybe a half hour while jogging.

The thing to remember is that the symptoms of a panic attack are nothing more than your system's natural responses to things that seem threatening. Panic disorder can be thought of a believing that these harmless symptoms are some kind of monster.

A lot of people have said my panic advice is good. This is one of my answers that's been rated Best, 5 stars, It has advice for breathing, the name of a good book, and stress management advice.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20180...

Do not know what cause is but please put up more information so can help with good advice and I am a licensed counselor and have helped many find better paths.

• as far as i know, anxiety attacks do not weaken your heart.