Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 years ago

True or False: your parents or some other relatives have helped pay for your college and much of what you own, even as an adult?

And they would not tell you you're on your own if you made some kind of poor choices that cost money, like car crashes due to reckless driving/showing off, debt due to credit card max outs, a pregnancy or sudden marriage in Vegas. They would rally round you and try to fix things a certain way for you to still achieve THEIR goals and what they think is awesome and good for you and their family legacy?

Not everyone has that...so if that's you...could you try to imagine what it is like for others?

(Tried to pick some events that could occur in lives of both kinds of people.)

• super

no I payed for college on my own

No. My parents are very poor, always were still are

True, they paid my rent first couple of times

FALSE...THEY DIED IN 77 FOR MOM AND 79 FOR MY DAD..MOM HAD NO LIFE INSURANCE AND DAD HAD A SMALL AMT WHICH WAS NOT EVEN SPLIT UP WITH SIBLINGS TILL AFTER CASKET ETC WAS PAID FOR. IM AN ARMY VET SO I HAVE GOOD MEDICAL INSURANCE.

yes

True

Hugely false. I never got a nickel from anybody (and never asked for one). I also never got a car when I turned sixteen. My first car I bought after I was married.

My vocational school cost $4.00 a month, plus textbooks.

My associate's degree was paid for by my employer, but I had to get the grades and pay for my books.

The only help I got was when my great aunt died, and left me her house (which was falling down). I sold it for $3,000, which helped with a down payment on my house.

And my dad gave me $300 for my divorce, without my saying a word to him.

Other than that, I've never taken anything from anybody.

True

False

False