Do you need much stamina when training for the army, marines, seals, navy?

I'm asking this based on the pumped up stamina and muscles on the US soldiers in particular, what's that all about? Do the drill instructors make them train additional in the gym?

I don't see so much body mass, muscles and stamina on the soldiers from other countries.

• ?

Stamina isn't measured by "body mass, muscles", it as Samu ~~~~ 98 wrote, the ability to do sustained physical tasks which require a large amount of expended physical energy. So that "body mass, muscles" appearance is just so much "eyewash". It's not necessary for the individual to have "stamina".

Yes you do and your cardiovascular fitness level is one of the things they test during your fit testing. That is because many in the US military have to not just be strong physically speaking but also able to work and perform some duties that are physically taxing over an extended period of time. You don't see this with other military from other countries so much because they are not equipped as well nor as much as US military are in most cases. To give you some perspective on this; when I would deploy or go TDY to some locations I had three large B-4 bags of required personal equipment that had to go with me along with two weapons cases and then maybe one or two personal bags. It would easily overload one of those skycap carts at a civilian terminal if I was flying commercial anyplace during part of those trips. Luckily the military was paying for all that baggage which would come to several hundred dollars of taxpayers money.

People who enlist have to show they are healthy and in good physical shape just to get in.

• ?

Sort of depends on the job, never thought of it as anything other then normal, some struggled with it, others not so much, it is more overcoming ones own mind hen actual physical stamina. That's not saying you are going to put in that much extra when they are done with you for the day, but the requirements are not so difficult so your average joe can't do them. That doesn't include some of the more specialized training need for some.

LOTS of it.

yes