Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 years ago

Is my friend overreacting?

So last Saturday while on my way to my friend's wedding, i got into a bad car accident that required hospitalization. Since I was being treated all day I couldn't call her personally to tell her what happened I had my mom do it. She got mad because according to her she wasted an entire meal's worth on me. She is also demanding i pay her for the meal. Is she right in doing this or is it a slight overreaction

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

Yes, she's way overreacting. Maybe if you'd just skipped her reception she might have something to whine about, but even then, really, it's over the top.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

You were in a car accident. She is completely being unfair and is overreacting. She should asking you if you're okay and be willing to offer you help (especially if you were injured on the way to her event).

• 2 years ago

Omg! She’s not concerned about your wellbeing?? Drop her. She’s self centered and selfish.

• Liz
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

You need to find some better friends.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

show her the med bills with the dates an times, then ask her to show you the bill for each meal, not the over all bill

• 2 years ago

She's NOT a good friend if she cares more about the money she "wasted" than she cares about your life. If you showed her proof that you were hospitalized and she still only cares about the money, then you need to cut her out of your life! It doesn't matter how much she stress she was under because of the wedding, a real friend would be thankful that you're still alive.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Certainly overreacting and not much of a friend.

• 2 years ago

That was beyond overreaction. Your friend is being selfish. I'd distance myself from someone like that.

• 2 years ago

She's not a good friend. Dump her.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

It is more than a slight overreaction in my opinion. If it were me, I'd send her the money and a note saying "have a nice life" and no longer respond to a single attempt by her to communicate with me. A self-absorbed person such as her makes a very poor friend anyway!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.