Do black home owners and renters feel comfortable living in a predominantly white neighborhood?

In areas of the United states where one percent or less of the population is Black or African-American.

Are they generally welcomed and respected . Or have there been reports of incidences?

I think if you do good and what nationality or color you are just respect.

I'm Black and grew up in an all White neighborhood, country club and all. Never felt uncomfortable a single day in my life.

Wow

The unfortunate reality is that many black neighborhoods have high crime rates and a lower standard of living. So a black person is generally going to be happier living in a white neighborhood.

There has been a very insidious race-based system in place since at least the 1950s called redlining, an artificial segregation supported by banks and municipalities. This is also a way to keep schools partially segregated.

imbecile

All it takes is one bad apple. It's my belief that bad apples are not as common as they used to be.

• Mark

I don't know. Do trolls feel comfortable living under a bridge?

You don't get out much, do you? Google this topic, you'll get the info you need. In my experience, the answer is generally no they don't.

There are 300+ million people in the US, all with different opinions and views.

As a black citizen of the United States, I detest the term African-American. I was not born in Africa, not do I have current relatives that reside in Africa. This is a label that someone decided to attach to black citizen of the United States.

I had no input as to this decision.

As to the neighborhood, I decide to purchase a house, I do not go from door to door seeking the race of my new neighbors. I reside in a neighborhood I am able to afford based on my income and ability to pay or want to pay for the house I want to purchase.

Each person, no matter the label you or anyone else want to place on an individual is considered a human. I am able to live in any neighborhood and not feel uncomfortable.

I am normally accepted and respected in any neighborhood I reside. I do not do anything that would cause my neighbors not to respect or trust me.

I am surprised that this is a question that is asked in the year 2018.

I hope this has been of some benefit to you, good luck.

"FIGHT ON"