Do black home owners and renters feel comfortable living in a predominantly white neighborhood?

In areas of the United states where one percent or less of the population is Black or African-American.

Are they generally welcomed and respected . Or have there been reports of incidences?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

I think if you do good and what nationality or color you are just respect.

• 2 years ago

I'm Black and grew up in an all White neighborhood, country club and all. Never felt uncomfortable a single day in my life.

• 2 years ago

Wow

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

The unfortunate reality is that many black neighborhoods have high crime rates and a lower standard of living. So a black person is generally going to be happier living in a white neighborhood.

There has been a very insidious race-based system in place since at least the 1950s called redlining, an artificial segregation supported by banks and municipalities. This is also a way to keep schools partially segregated.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

imbecile

• 2 years ago

All it takes is one bad apple. It's my belief that bad apples are not as common as they used to be.

• Mark
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

I don't know. Do trolls feel comfortable living under a bridge?

• 2 years ago

You don't get out much, do you? Google this topic, you'll get the info you need. In my experience, the answer is generally no they don't.

• 2 years ago

There are 300+ million people in the US, all with different opinions and views.

• 2 years ago

As a black citizen of the United States, I detest the term African-American. I was not born in Africa, not do I have current relatives that reside in Africa. This is a label that someone decided to attach to black citizen of the United States.

I had no input as to this decision.

As to the neighborhood, I decide to purchase a house, I do not go from door to door seeking the race of my new neighbors. I reside in a neighborhood I am able to afford based on my income and ability to pay or want to pay for the house I want to purchase.

Each person, no matter the label you or anyone else want to place on an individual is considered a human. I am able to live in any neighborhood and not feel uncomfortable.

I am normally accepted and respected in any neighborhood I reside. I do not do anything that would cause my neighbors not to respect or trust me.

I am surprised that this is a question that is asked in the year 2018.

I hope this has been of some benefit to you, good luck.

"FIGHT ON"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.