So if I have a chicken breast that I cooked on a Thursday, would it be okay to eat for a dinner?

I started cooking chicken breats when I was 12, yet I have forgotten whether or not it is okay to consume them after cooked on Thursday. We used plastic bags and therm heating to reduce chicken breasts to a near boil in stainless steel pots. I would hate to poison my kids. Is it safe to eat?

• kswck2

Probably so. Or you can just use them to make a chicken soup.

As long as you refrigerated after cooking it it is fine. Many people cook more than is needed for 1 meal just to take advantage of leftovers.

As a "rule of thumb" When I have leftovers I portion them out, anything that will not get consumed within 3 days goes into the freezer for a meal later in the month.

• mo

it is friday today, nothing is wrong with your chicken if it was properly refrigerated. u may still eat it even on sunday