Storm question?

Ok so like an hour ago there was a big storm going on near me, and I knew it was really close bases on the time between the lighting and thunder, but I didn’t really worry about it. When it started getting really bad and there was lightning and thunder like every 30 seconds, my mom decided to turn the tv off, and... show more Ok so like an hour ago there was a big storm going on near me, and I knew it was really close bases on the time between the lighting and thunder, but I didn’t really worry about it. When it started getting really bad and there was lightning and thunder like every 30 seconds, my mom decided to turn the tv off, and about 2 minutes later I hear a big boom and see a flash of light (I freaked out and jumped out of my seat) and an alarm starts going off in our house. We went to our breaker box and started flipping the switches and when we turned off the power to my moms room, the alarm stopped. My mom said the alarm came from the doorbell system. Any ideas on why that happened?? We think our house got struck by lightning but there was no fire or anything so we aren’t sure.
3 answers 3