Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 2 years ago

if realized that a shop you meant to spend $ 150 accidently did not charge you for it, would call and pay for it after?

why or why not? how tempting would it be and how depends on how much your income is? or how large the business/ shop is? why? cane xplain?

if they took your card information, but forgot to run it or lost it etc. ? who knows? but you noticed you were not charged for some reason, would call them and give card information to them over phone or not? why?

OR WOULD THINK OF IT AS THEIR "LOSS" AND YOUR "GOOD LUCK" MAYBE? OR WHY NOT?

Favorite Answer

No way, I'm not wasting my time for their mistake. Time = Money, I'm not wasting my time to correct their mistake

• kswck2

Kind of depends on the amount. If 10K? I would certainly think twice. But I have also gone back to a grocery store to pay for an item that I left in the basket that I didn't put on the belt to be scanned.

Many years ago (when you still signed credit card slips) a 12 quid purchase failed to appear on my card statement (large department store).I didn't lose sleep over it

Had it been 100 quid at a owner-run restaurant or similar then I would probably have contacted them about it

This cannot happen. One pays before exiting the store. No money, equals no merchandise. If one does not pay for a high ticket item, scanners go off at the door. People give chase.

• June

Yes, I don't steal from others.

Yes I would, even if it was the last $150 I had, doesn't matter what the store is either, I am an honest man, and I know that if i don't i will pay 4x as much for it sometime later, one way or another.

No.

Yrs

• Dze

depends .. if it was a single item price i probably would go back and pay for it .. if it was a big ticket item and that was only a fraction of the price i would probably just consider that my 'good customer' discount lol .. they got their money, probably just not any profit ..