Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 years ago

Why would a man leave a woman after she just had his baby?

I dont understand this. He left his wife 3 months after she gave birth to their first child. What would cause a man to do this? I asked him, and he said his marriage has been over for a long time. But I dont understand why he wouldnt stick around for his newborn. Or try to make it work a little while longer, even if they were having problems.

What is the real reason why a man would do this?

My father did exactly the same thing how can I identify with that. the only possible reason that a man would leave a woman after she had just had his baby is that the man has a total piece of shi blank!

• Archer

It is not for 'you' to understand now is it!

Sounds like they're all screwed up.

The man isn't much of a man! Well don't sorrow too much the man's going to end up paying Hefty child support! Unless of course the child wasn't his and that's why he left.

Maybe it wasn't his.

I agree with the first answer, but it's not possible for the mom to be completely blameless here. In a healthy marriage, this just doesn't happen. So while I feel bad for her, the real victim is the baby. There were signs about his character, simply because there always are. And it wasn't fair to bring a baby into this mess.

• Janet

The real reason was that the marriage had been over a long time.

Perhaps he stuck with her when she got pregnant, hoping he could bring things around.

Or perhaps he was afraid to leave, but the stress of new parenting pushed him over the edge.

It is also possible that he just is NOT relationship-material and the marriage was doomed from the moment he met her. People who are not relationship-competent are attracted to and attract those who are similar not ready to make a relationship work. Unconscious issues attract unconscious issues.

Parenting IS stressful. Good marriages might become better once the baby comes, but bad marriages always get worse.